American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen
Maryland Public Television
Maryland Public Television (MPT) is an education-driven public media station with deep roots in the communities and schools. For more than 40 years, MPT has produced enriching educational programs and developed innovative instructional resources designed to inform, educate, and entertain Maryland residents and audiences.
Committed to strengthening our communities, the station currently serves as the local arm of American Graduate: Let's Make it Happen, a national public media initiative designed to raise awareness around the high school dropout crisis and improve educational opportunities for at-risk youth and families. Key program goals comprise of keeping children and youth on a positive path toward graduation; identifying and reducing barriers to learning; and recognizing the important role mentors play in the lives of underserved youth.
American Graduate: Let's Make it Happen activities include:
- National and local reporting, on air and online
- Public forums, town halls, film screenings, and community conversations
- Free, digital classroom activities, and connections to family and community programs
- Educational programs and special events
- Youth media stories and mentor recognition programs
Supported by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), more than 128 public radio and television stations have joined forces with over 1,700 partners and at-risk schools to support this meaningful initiative.